About Me

My photo
Franklin, Ohio, United States
I am married and have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I have had lupus for some 17 years now and been through the ups and downs associated with it. I wanted to share my life on a daily basis for those who may be interested. I am also doing it as therapy for myself, to allow me to be real, not sugar coated.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Another day, continued

Well, today is one of the longest I have had in some time. I was up all night last night, taking care of my mil. I took her to the doctor yesterday, and they said she had double pneumonia, bronchitis, fever, and coughing. After we got home, her coughing increased to the point that she was vomiting everything she attempted to drink. She ended up in the recliner where she caught a few snippets of sleep off and on. The doctor gave her an inhaler, someprednisone, and a z-pack. However, when she was still struggling this morning, I called the doctors office and asked what I should do. They called back and said bring her back in now. So, I did.

This time, the doctors were more concerned because my mil was extremely pale, clammy, and her coughing was much worse. They did a chest x-ray and when it came back, they said they did nto see anything but that it could develop in the next 8-12 hours. They gave her a new rx for phenergen/codeine cough syrup, gave her a shot of phenergen and another antibiotic, and said that if she is not better by suppertime tonight, we are to take her to the er and she would be admitted. The doctor explained that they have to do this process because of insurance and where they could have just admitted her in the past, now they have to do all these things BEFORE she could be admitted. What a crock!

So, now I am running on very little sleep, and having to remail awake because they are bringing her a nebulizer and medicine for breathing treatments and someone haas to be awake to get it. I plan on trying to sleep a little on the couch while I wait.

As for me, I hurt, am exhausted, and hopefully will not flare up too badly because of this. I feel very strongly about taking care of my elderly parents (or parent in law), and I feel it is a priviledge to provide care for them when they need me. It is a God given command that we look after our families and so it is not to be taken lightly. I feel that obligation now and will do what I can to provide her with the best care possible and in my power.

Also wanted to add that my woozie woo woo pill was supposed to start the double dose today but I postponed it due to all the things going on. I cannot be woozie and maintain. I will begin it when able to.

I am sad that it does nto look good for attending the Lords Evening Meal. I have never missed one before, but this time it may be the first. This would be my 14th year celebrating it. My mil said it will be only the second one she has missed ( in like 40 some years). I cnanot leave her here alone and she is contagious so we will see how it plays out. On the plus side, we can tie in by phone at least so that seems to be our option right now (considering hubs is sick too). So, the only thing that I celebrate in accord with Jesus' command, I will not be attending, due to this sickness. I feel sure Jehovah will understand and I hope not to ever miss another one. It is what it is and time and unforeseen occurences befall us all.

That is my day so far. Maybe catch a few winks before machine arrives... toodles everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment