About Me

My photo
Franklin, Ohio, United States
I am married and have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I have had lupus for some 17 years now and been through the ups and downs associated with it. I wanted to share my life on a daily basis for those who may be interested. I am also doing it as therapy for myself, to allow me to be real, not sugar coated.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, March 29, 2010

Doctors visit today

I went to see my rheumy today. They took vials fo blood, and discussed the new meds I am taking. The drug trial I am in is progressing nicely and hope it will be approved this year.

On the plus side, he told me to call my neurologist to discuss my dosage of the neurontin. The reason I even discussed it with him is that when I got into bed last night, I fell out again. I fell onto the floor next to the bed. Normally, there is nothing on the floor. However, since we are getting ready to go to the campground, I have boxes stacked and so when I fell, I fell into boxes from my shoulders down. I hit my right leg on a box and it caused a leg cramp on the upper right leg as I was laying on top of these boxes. Poor hubs, not only did I wake him up when I fell, now I was screeching because I have this leg cramp! I was trying to stretch my leg out up into the air and hubs was trying to get me up off the floor. It was a comedy of errors.

So, in retrospect, today was a normal visit to the rheumy, and not so normal in that I am bruised from the fall last night.

In the positive, my daughter took me to the doctor so I had fun with the grands during the trip up and afterwards we went to wally world to pick up a few things. Great times!

My son is coming over this evening to see us before he leaves for Vegas at 6 tomorrow morning. He and Stacey are taking little missy to visit her other grandma. She is going to have a full week of spoiling in store for her... how cool is that?

Hubs and I are hoping ot be at the campground by Thursday to open the trailer and get things in gear for the season! I call it my happy place and it is.

On the down side, the lupus is still behaving badly. My fingers and feet hurt so bad today and I do not know why. I did find out my IgA is elevated as well as monocytes. My last urines had 1+ protein and wbc's present. All indicative of lupus activity. So, now I am glad to go to my happy place so I can relax and hopefully destress and get this body back in line again.

Hope everyone is well today and I send gentle hugs to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment