About Me

My photo
Franklin, Ohio, United States
I am married and have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I have had lupus for some 17 years now and been through the ups and downs associated with it. I wanted to share my life on a daily basis for those who may be interested. I am also doing it as therapy for myself, to allow me to be real, not sugar coated.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, March 18, 2010

From my old blog

Ok, went to neurologist, thinks it is definitely lupus neuropathy… feet… put me on neurontin and said to continue darvocets for pain as needed… well now, another thing on the lengthy list of junk my body is doing....
so, now I have to have an emg and wear shoes in the summer… this is cruel and unusual punishment...lol.
Just crabbing a little here… anyone else take neurontin? Any other lupies with neuropathy out there? Doc said lupus neuropathy has different manifestations compared to diabetic neuropathy. Any help or suggestions welcome…
Blessings and thanks
Jen




sunshine

12:51am March 9th, 2010

Well, another day, another day… I woke up with the pain somewhat on the lowest setting and after breakfast, I got to work on dishes, laundry and general housework. I have felt so bad that I had not done a single thing in a week!
The sun was outside shining brightly and so I went outside and soaked up some of it. It definitely helped my mood, and it made my bones feel better. In the meantime, I did get a lot accomplished so I felt productive as well.
As my strength waned, I relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the evening by chatting with friends and creating a new fb page. It is for the campers of Cross’s Campground and I had so much fun doing it.
What an amazing day after the roller coaster ride of the last few weeks. Now, after bedtime, I sit here in pain yet again. I see my neurologist for the first time on Friday, and it is my hope that he will be able to develop a game plan to attack these demons in my body and let me get the rest I need and live a better life.
I am also looking forward to the camping season this year. It is amazing how fresh air and the outdoors makes me feel so much better and happier. With our grands growing so fast, we want to enjoy all the time we can with them and make many happy memories for them to carry into their adult lives, in effect, giving them the foundation of love through the generations and a legacy they can pass on to their children as well.
Enough rambling for now, just needed to let out a few thoughts and hope that sleep will not elude me yet again. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment