About Me

My photo
Franklin, Ohio, United States
I am married and have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I have had lupus for some 17 years now and been through the ups and downs associated with it. I wanted to share my life on a daily basis for those who may be interested. I am also doing it as therapy for myself, to allow me to be real, not sugar coated.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

wednesdays news


Well, I had some great news today and I wanted to share. First, I have lost eight pounds, which amazes me since I have been on prednisone for over a week now. Usually I gain weight, this is a new experience for me to lose weight. So this was good news.

The great news is that two dear cousins, Dixie and Trish, went out to the campground today and cleaned my mil's camper. Not only did they clean it, they washed the curtains, put new slipcovers ont he seats, bought linens and made the bed, got her dishes to use in her camper, and also bought her toiletries. Now the only thing she needs is food and her clothes, it is ready. A big thanks to them for doing that! It is a load off my mind that they took care of it for my mil. How precious they are to me!

Another plus to the day is that I got to see some of my grands and play with them. My great nephew was here too. It was a win/win day for me all around.

I am planning on going ot the campground on friday after I babysit my littlest grand. It is supposed to rain but who cares, it will be quiet and peaceful and relaxing! Ah, I cannot wait. The thought of it makes me feel better. Imean, isn't is nice to lay in bed and listen to the rythym of the falling rain on the roof of the camper. It is one of the most relaxing things I know of.

I still have to clean my camper up as well. It has been power washed and looks good on the outside, however, the inside needs cleaning better. So, the rain is a blessing because I have to clean the camper instead.

Anyway, I am muddling through the rest of this week to get to the weekend. I have plans for next week too and will be busy so I have to make hay while the sun is shining or raining as it were.  I am feeling much improved as for the aching and pain but even with the prednisone, it is still there in the background and rears its ugly head from time to time to remind me not to get too comfortable.

Thats it for me today....hope to blog once more before camping but if I dont, I will post the blogs I do there. Thanks and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment