About Me

My photo
Franklin, Ohio, United States
I am married and have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I have had lupus for some 17 years now and been through the ups and downs associated with it. I wanted to share my life on a daily basis for those who may be interested. I am also doing it as therapy for myself, to allow me to be real, not sugar coated.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, April 26, 2010

4.25.2010

4.25.2010
Campground

Well, it has been awhile since I wrote. Several things have happened over that time. I will catch up on that now. First, I confronted the stress head on and feel much better for doing so. I have slept better than I have in a long time now, and I am enjoying the time to recharge the batteries, as it were.

On Wednesday I went to a counseling session and it helped me immensely to realize that I have been under loads of stress for some time now. Ir made me see what needed to be done to regain my life back. I have been taking steps all week to do just that. It remains to be seem how it will all play out, but I am getting some relief now so that is what counts.

On Thursday, I stayed all night at my sons house. I love their couch. I went there since I was going to babysit in the morning anyway so I made the trip the night before. I fell asleep and woke up to some movie on the tv that my son was watching. I cannot tell you what happened in the movie because I was zonked by the meds. Before I headed to my sons house, I mowed the lawn at the camper. It was supposed to rain this weekend so I mowed it before the rain came.

On Friday, I babysat little Gabrielle. She is teething so bad right now and she is miserable. Unfortunately, she was running a temperature so I gave her some motrin. She was so tired and fussy and would not take a nap. Her little nose was all stopped up and she had weak little eyes. Poor sweetie. As the day progresses, she began to vomit. After she vomited, she developed diarrhea as well. At that point, it was time to call the parents. Stacey came home early from work and poor little Gabi was doing her best to smile and be happy but she was so tired and not feeling good it was hard for her to do. Over this weekend, she has gotten better, although the teeth are still an issue for her. I wish they would come in!

I broke out in cold sores this weekend as well. Actually, they began last week but came to a head this weekend and popped and are now on the mend. I had quit taking the lysine every day like I used to so they found their way back. Needless to say, I went out and got more lysine to stop it from happening again. I hate the blasted things and they are quite painful when they develop.

I know, I have lupus and live with chronic pain so why am I such a baby about cold sores? Well, they irritate me and it hurts to eat and talk, two of my favorite things. Not to mention the disfiguring of my face… well, lets just say I am not a fan of them, ok?

It has been an on and off rainy weekend here at the camper. I was surprised how many folks came out despite the rain! I think a bad day camping is better than a good day working anytime so I cleaned some more of the camper and scrap booked five pages and two cards! The rain made me be more productive for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment