About Me

My photo
Franklin, Ohio, United States
I am married and have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I have had lupus for some 17 years now and been through the ups and downs associated with it. I wanted to share my life on a daily basis for those who may be interested. I am also doing it as therapy for myself, to allow me to be real, not sugar coated.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, April 26, 2010

4.18.2010

My Life


04.18.2010
Still camping
Cameren is here now and believe me, I have not had a moment to spare. He is busy, like the energizer bunny, all the time and never winds down! He is also a sweetie so it evens out the rough edges. His mom called him this morning and he started crying and said he wanted to go home. I knew he was homesick but wasn’t going to tell his mom. Instead, he got on the phone and started crying then said he wanted to go home. Well, subtlety is not his strong suit I guess.

As for yesterday, we went to walmart, then back to camper where Cameren went on a hay ride all by himself! Afterwards, Grandma Peggy came over and we went on golf cart rides and then out for dinner at The Depot, a little ice cream shop that serves food too. Cameren had nuggets and fries and a hot fudge milkshake. I had a pulled pork bbq sandwich and shared Cam’s fries. I got a butterscotch milkshake. Grandma Peggy had a cheeseburger and fries with a hot fudge milkshake as well.

Once we returned, Cam could barely keep his eyes open, so I made him go to bed, and I thought he went to sleep, until he came out and showed me otherwise. He finally went down around 11 pm. Unfortunately, I did not sleep well so I was up and down all night. Talk about exhausted today! Oy vey!

Now, we are resting after a breakfast of donuts and raisins. Being with grandma is fun! Not necessarily nutritious but fun!

It got down to the 30’s overnight so we have not been outside yet. We are staying inside where we have a furnace to keep us warm until the sun warms it up better outside. It is still better than not being camping! Cam is getting stir crazy but hey, meemaw isn’t ready to go outside in the cold yet.

The cat has made an uneasy peace with Cam. She is not sure about him yet but is giving him the benefit of the doubt. She curled up with us last night and slept between us. Of course, it may have been because of the cold too. Who knows for sure but she seems ok with Cam.

Today lies ahead of us, full of possibilities… I will report more later.

As of 8 pm… well, Cameren has left with his mommy. I had forgotten how much energy it takes to keep a boy occupied. After my earlier post, we went around on the golf cart a few times, then fishing with cousin David, where Cam caught three fish! I even caught one! Next stop was the playground with his cousin Destiny, before heading back to camp for a nap (or so I thought…lol). Actually, he did take a nap but woke up in a foul little mood. His mom was on the way by then so he was loaded up and almost ready to go when she got here.

Since his departure, I have done…. NOTHING…except get cleaned up and take my meds and lay down to type this. I am exhausted beyond belief! No kidding! My knees are killing me with pain, and I have no more pain pills to take…WAH! I am also on the last dose of my pred this time around so I am feeling the effects of that as well. So, I think I will lay down and sleep a day or so until I feel a little better! I mean, I have nothing planned until Tuesday so why not relax and get refreshed for once with no
distractions (except for a cell phone I can turn off). Toodle pip all and I will report again when I wake up!


No comments:

Post a Comment